Our bones are continually breaking down and rebuilding themselves, as we age. Calcium is the one thing that comes to mind when we think about bone health. Our bones absorb and excrete calcium as the body needs it. That is why it is so important to get in all your diary requirements, eating calcium prepared cereals and drinking mineral waters and fruit juices.
Most of us love our coffee and salt but try to stay away from excess salt and caffeine – they can increase the rate at which calcium is lost by the body.
Must do’s for bone health
- Vitamin D is essential for the development and maintenance of your bones.
- Eat your fruits and vegetables.
- Check the sodium index on food packages, your salt intake must be less than 2300mg a day.
- Ad dark leafy greens or a fish with soft bones to your meal to get a calcium boost
- Sunlight will do wonders for your Vitamin D intake
- Mind your coffee intake, coke and other fizzy drinks.
- Take a calcium supplement
Our Herbalife Nutritional shake can help you with your daily calcium need. Enjoy it once or twice a day and add the Herbalife supplements like Joint Support for your benefit.
For more information on Bone Health and Herbalife Nutrition visit www.shapelife.co.za or e-mail me on email@example.com