Weight loss and good health often go hand in hand, and in a busy, stressful world where demands are made on our time from every direction (and then some), both of these become less important than meeting deadlines and surviving traffic.
Fortunately, weight loss doesn’t have to be the burden people often make it out to be. Products like Herbalife’s Formula 1 meal replacement shakes can go a long way in reducing weight and improving health relatively quickly and safely.
Herbalife shakes are designed to provide your body with valuable nutrition while lessening your daily calorie intake. To gain the maximum benefits from a Herbalife weight loss programme, replace two meals per day with the pleasant-tasting Herbalife shake.
Some Useful Numbers…
In a standard serving, the meal replacing shake contains 90 calories, 13 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fat, 3 grams of fibre, 9 grams of protein, and 9 grams of sugar. Once the low fat/fat free milk is added, the calories jump up to the 170 mark.
Considering the fact that a rough estimate for the correct amount of calories per day is about 1 200 for women and 1 500 for men, it’s clear that the meal replacement cuts down on the caloric intake considerably as long as other snacks and meals are balanced, lean, and contain the adequately sized portions of whole grains.
Complementing the Shake with Protein
Although the Herbalife shake is a smart and effective way to embark on the weight loss journey, a degree of discipline is still required if a person is to make the most of it within the shortest period of time. There’s little doubt that the drop in calories (from, for example, 500 per meal to 170 for two of three daily meals) will be felt until the body adjusts to the new routine. The feeling of satiety (that is, of having a full stomach) can be aided by complementing the Formula 1 meal replacement with additional protein.
The Herbalife protein powder can be added to the shake powder, and instead of adding 240 ml of low fat/fat free milk, one can 150 ml of milk and 100 ml of plain water. Protein adds to feeling satisfied and will help in getting you to your recommended midmorning snack before you reach for something unhealthy, high in fat, or highly processed. For those who’d prefer to stay away from dairy products, alternatives like almond milk can also be used.
An additional benefit of Herbalife’s Formula 1 shakes is that their protein is derived from soybeans. Soy protein isolate has been linked to lower cholesterol levels, which in turn lowers the risk for heart disease.
An Example of a Herbalife Daily Routine
- Breakfast: One serving of Herbalife Formula 1 shake, mixed with fat free milk, half a banana, and Herbalife supplements where applicable.
- Midmorning Snack: A can of tuna and light salad accompanied by a Herbalife powdered tea and supplement if applicable.
- Lunch: One serving of Herbalife Formula 1 shake, mixed with fat free milk, half a banana, and Herbalife supplements where applicable. For variety, consider a different flavour of Formula 1 for lunch.
- Afternoon Snack: A small portion of 1 or 2 fruits, accompanied by tea and Herbalife supplements if applicable.
- Dinner: A lean, balanced and appropriately portioned dinner. As a guideline, any diet accompanying a Herbalife weight loss programme should contain whole grains, lean protein, nuts, healthy fats, and fruits and vegetables.
Get in Touch with Shapelife
To learn more about how Herbalife products can enhance your weight loss efforts and quality of life, get in touch with us at your earliest convenience. We look forward to hearing from you!